Dr. Peter W. Bray MD, MSC, FRCS(C)
Plastic Surgeon at SpaMedica
Dr. Peter Bray offers a rare combination of vast plastic surgery experience and technical proficiency along with the sensibility of an artist. Patients appreciate his emphasis on natural results, meticulous attention to detail and adept patient care. As a result, Dr. Bray has become one of the most sought-after providers of breast and body-contouring plastic surgery in the Greater Toronto area.
Dr. Bray received his medical degree from the University of Toronto in 1994 after which he obtained his Master’s in the Surgical Scientist Program, acquiring his plastic surgery training. In 2001, Dr. Bray became a board-certified member of the Royal College of Surgeons of Canada. As an active member of the surgical staff at the University Health Network and an assistant professor in the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Toronto, Dr. Bray plays a significant role in the training and development of medical students, residents and future plastic surgeons.
Dr. Bray is an expert on advanced body contouring procedures such as: total body lifts, tummy tucks, thigh lifts, back lifts and arm lifts. And is particularly skilled at performing Bodytite – Radiofrequency Assisted Liposuction – one of the world’s most successful thermal tissue tightening and liposuction Systems.
Dr. Bray customizes every face and body contouring procedure to meet the needs, goals and preferences of each patient. It is his priority to produce beautiful and natural looking results with an emphasis on safety, comfort and care. Dr. Bray has a kind and gentle manner that immediately puts you at ease. He takes the extra time to discuss all aspects of the treatment so you are well informed and prepared for the best possible experience and aesthetic outcome.
While in the care of Dr. Bray, patients will never feel pressured into undergoing a procedure that is outside of their comfort zone. Whether your preferences are surgical, non-surgical, or a combination of the two, Dr. Bray will seek to reassure your decisions and accommodate your needs.
Visit Dr. Bray at SpaMedica for a private consultation and experience firsthand why he is one of Toronto’s most sought out Cosmetic Surgeons.
Click here to download Dr. Peter Bray’s full CV
Areas of Specialization
Radio Frequency-Assisted Liposuction (BodyTite RFAL)
- BodyTite uses precise delivery of radio-frequency energy to literally melt fat, thereby allowing easier and gentler removal. The energy also encourages skin contraction and tightening to a greater degree than other technologies.
- Dr. Bray was one of the first users of BodyTite in Canada and now has years of experience and performed hundreds of cases.
- He is a developer of innovative applications of this technology and often combines the use of BodyTite with other procedures in order to obtain the best overall result.
- Because of his vast experience with BodyTite he is often called upon to train other surgeons in the use and new applications of this technology.
Female Body Contouring and Mommy Makeovers
- Dr. Bray aims to provide a comprehensive body contouring solution customized to the goals of each patient.
- His tummy tucks and mommy makeover procedures encompass more than simple removal of loose skin, but are enhanced with additional techniques such as:
- BodyTite liposuction
- Circumferential liposculpture of the waist, lower back, and love handles
- Abdominal sculpting.
- He takes particular care with scar minimization and placement to allow the best options for concealment beneath undergarments and bathing suits.
Men’s Plastic Surgery
- Dr. Bray has been on the leading edge of male plastic surgery as it has grown in popularity
- His experience is essential as he understands the procedures and techniques that are best for men are not necessarily the same as those for women.
- Dr. Bray has become one of the premiere providers of male breast reduction surgery and body contouring in Canada and he is a pioneer in the use of BodyTite liposuction for the treatment of male breast enlargement (gynecomastia).
- With his technique Dr. Bray is able to remove the rubbery breast gland as well as excess fat, and achieve better skin-tightening than other methods.
- For the vast majority of men the scars are “invisible;” the only incision is a small one located in the underarm area.
- Dr. Bray often performs comprehensive body contouring surgery for men – simultaneous treatment of the classic male “trouble-spots” including the chest, abdomen, and love handles to achieve a leaner, sculpted, masculine physique.
Female Breast Surgery
- Dr. Bray is renowned in his ability to deliver tasteful, well-proportioned, and natural results.
- He uses the latest cohesive gel “gummy bear” breast implants with particular attention to size and shape.
- Dr. Bray makes use of various implant styles, projections and shapes (round or teardrop) depending on the initial breast shape and the goals and preferences of the patient.
- Dr. Bray offers a wide variety of solutions for women who have undergone loss of breast shape and volume, such as after pregnancy or weight loss.
- He has extensive experience with short-scar breast lift surgery, often combined with breast implants to enhance volume and fullness.
- For women who wish want to avoid breast implants altogether, Dr. Bray is an expert with use the use of techniques to reshape a woman’s own breast tissue, or if necessary, enhance with fat transfer augmentation.
- In appropriate situations Dr. Bray performs minimally-invasive breast enhancement procedures using RFAL. He is the first in Canada to perform “BreastTite”, a scarless method to achieve moderate breast lifts and reductions.
Body Contouring After Massive Weight Loss
- Those who successfully lose major amounts of weight, often exceeding 50-100 pounds, are typically left with areas of loose, stretched skin that cannot recover.
- After major weight loss the resulting folds of loose skin, sagging breasts, buttocks, and thighs can only be effectively addressed with surgery.
- Dr. Bray has vast experience in lifting, contouring, and tightening the full spectrum of body areas affected by major weight loss.
- Over the years with hundreds of such cases, Dr. Bray has honed techniques to conceal and minimize scars, contour the body, and maximize safety.
Awards & Recognition
Degrees and Certifications
- Doctor of Medicine, University of Toronto, 1994
- Master of Science, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto, 1998
- Postgraduate Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Residency – University of Toronto
- Clinician Investigator Program, Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons, 2001
- Assistant Professor, Department of Surgery, University of Toronto, 2001 – present
- Co-Chair, Electronic Health Records Clinical Advisory Committee, University Health Network
- Canadian Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Ontario Society of Plastic Surgeons
- The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario
- Canadian Medical Association
- Ontario Medical Association