Phase 6 of Your Breast Augmentation Journey: Pre-op Preparation
Taking some time to prepare before your breast augmentation will make it easier for you afterwards. Be sure to follow instructions that are provided to you by Dr. Mulholland (or your surgeon).
Typically your “To Do List” prior to your procedure looks something like this:
- Organize your home and family life prior to surgery. This will make it easier for you and your care givers during your recovery period.
- Drink plenty of water. This helps with elasticity and keeping your body healthy. However, do not eat or drink after midnight the night before your procedure.
- If you are having a fat transfer procedure, you may be instructed to wear a special bra to expand the skin and tissues of the breast in preparation for the surgery.
- Arrange for transportation home from the clinic.
- Schedule at least a week off from work. You will need plenty of rest.
- Don’t take blood thinners at least two weeks before surgery.
- Make sure you are aware of potential complications that may arise and find out how to reach your surgeon if necessary. At SpaMedica, we ensure you have all of the information on our follow up protocol.
- Some patients get impatient, uncomfortable, or bored during recovery. Be prepared to distract your mind with books, music, magazines, TV, and movies.
- Do not go back to work, school or chores too soon. Let others take care of you.
Proper planning and strict adherence to recovery guidelines will ensure your safety, a faster and easier recovery, and the best possible outcomes of your procedure.
Ready to schedule your consult? Click here to lock in your date and time.