Why consider a fat transfer breast augmentation? The pros & cons
Breast augmentation is one of the single most popular cosmetic procedures performed every year. But for those who want to enhance their breasts without inserting implants, fat transfer breast augmentation may be a viable solution. The procedure uses your body’s own fat to increase the size of your bust. Unwanted fat is harvested from other areas of your body such as the hips, thighs, or tummy. It is then purified and carefully injected into the breast for an all-natural enhancement that looks and feels very authentic.
It may sound pretty perfect on the surface, but there are, as with any cosmetic surgical procedure, pros and cons worth considering. Let’s take a closer look at the pros and cons of fat transfer breast augmentation, shall we?
- It’s completely, 100% natural, as the only material used is your body’s own tissues—and it shows. The results look and feel very soft and not at all artificial.
- A holistic body sculpting effect is part of the package. In addition to augmenting your breasts, fat transfer breast augmentation offers the secondary benefit of body contouring, since the liposuctionused to harvest the unwanted donor fat can dramatically reshape your figure! Results may include a flatter tummy, more slender thighs, or a more defined waistline. All of this in addition to larger breasts!
- It won’t leave scars. Only very tiny incisions are created through which fat is harvested and injected into the breasts.
- Rare though they may be, you don’t run implant-associated risks like malpositioning, rupture, or capsular contracture (the hardening of breast tissue).
- You get a 2-for 1 deal. Although fat transfer breast augmentation is more like performing 2 procedures at the same time (breast augmentation and liposuction), generally the cost of the procedure is about the same as cohesive gel breast implants.
- Augmentation is limited. Fat transfer breast augmentation can be a strong choice if you’re seeking a minor to moderate increase in breast size (1/2-to-3/4 cup size), but if you’re looking for a more substantial increase, breast implants are a more reliable procedure.
- Rarely, some of the transferred fat can be reabsorbed by the body, which can produce a less-than-desired enhancement or the need for follow-up treatments.
- It can’t lift the breasts. A fat transfer breast augmentation can’t correct sagging breasts caused by aging, genetics, pregnancy, or weight loss. So if you’re experiencing breast sagging, then a breast liftwith or without implants may provide better results than a fat transfer can.
By selecting Dr. Mulholland for your fat grafting breast augmentation, you are enlisting 20+ years of refined skill and experience, ensuring the best, most natural-looking results possible!
Schedule a consultation at SpaMedica in Toronto today to learn more about the fantastic fat grafting or fat transfer breast augmentation options available to you.