At SpaMedica, our medical-grade facials are a go-to solution for a beautiful glow. Whether you’re trying to boost nourishment and hydration, or you’re addressing specific concerns such as acne or hyperpigmentation. The goal of these treatments is to make your results last!
Here are 4 expert tips on maintaining the glowing skin you love.
Let’s get started!
Tip 1: Use Medical Grade Skin Care Products
If you want to keep your skin looking radiant, medical-grade skincare should be considered as a part of your skincare routine. These products have undergone years of research and clinical trials to make sure you are getting the most corrective and preventative benefits from each product to protect your investment.
Here are our product recommendations to maintain glowing skin:
- Vivier’s Radiance Serum: A multi-purpose antioxidant serum designed to target uneven skin tone. It is formulated with L-ascorbic acid (vitamin C), Arbutin, and Resorcinol to reduce signs of aging, stimulate cell turnover, and brighten the look of dark spots.
- SkinCeuticals HA Intensifier: A potent corrective serum proven to increase skin’s hyaluronic acid levels through its unique formulation. This formula contains a high concentration of pure proxylane™, licorice root, and purple rice to keep surface skin hydrated, while also improving the visible appearance of firmness, smoothness, and facial plumpness.
- SkinCeuticals Metacell Renewal B3: Vitamin B3 benefits are limitless, especially when used to help with the skin renewal process. This lightweight moisturizer delivers a high concentration of niacinamide (vitamin B3) combined with a firming tripeptide concentrate, and glycerin to address early signs of aging while hydrating the skin. This unique formulation is proven to increase cell turnover, help reclarify and even skin tone, and improve the appearance of wrinkles and surface elasticity.
Getting excited? Consult your medical aesthetician for personalized at-home skincare advice! We take a thorough assessment of your skin to determine the best products to maintain your skin health.
Tip 2: Get Treatment Advice from a SpaMedica Professional
We recommend talking to one of our skincare experts for guidance. All our medical aestheticians and consultants work hand-in-hand with our dual-board certified dermatologist and medical director, Dr. Malika Ladha, to create your personalized skincare plan suited to your needs.
We know that each patient is unique- and no two skincare plans are the same. While product recommendations from social media can be helpful, our aesthetic experts will help determine which innovative treatments and medical-grade products will transform your skin to meet your goals.
Tip 3: Discover More Treatments to Enhance the Look of Your Skin
Are you seeking ways to keep your skin looking young and healthy? Try these treatments to help you stay glowing:
- Microneedling: Kick it up a notch by elevating your facial treatment to a collagen induction treatment. The treatment creates controlled microscopic injuries to the skin – producing new collagen and elastin fibers through the healing process. This process causes the skin to plump and thicken, thereby reducing the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, and acne scars.
- IPL Photofacial: A pulsed light treatment that effectively targets redness and brown spots from sun damage. Multiple sessions will increase collagen production, producing younger-looking skin.
As you get older, your body produces less collagen and slows down the cell turnover rate, which leads to dull skin, increased appearance of sun damage, and skin laxity. Microneedling and IPL facial are a few ways to address signs of aging and improve the quality of your skin.
Tip 4: Maintain a Healthy Lifestyle
Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is essential for preserving the results of facial treatments, or any skin treatments for this matter. To achieve this, you should stick to the following steps:
1. Get Your Body Moving
Regular exercise can improve the appearance of your skin. It increases blood circulation, which helps eliminate toxins from your skin. Doing things like lifting weights and running for 30–60 minutes every day is a great way to regulate the body and maintain healthy skin.
2. Eat & Drink Nutrient-Rich Sustenance
You’ve heard this many times before, but we have to reiterate it again. What goes in your body also reflects on the outside. Nutrient-rich whole foods are good for your entire body, including your skin. Hydration is also a key factor in reducing dryness, which can lead to flaking or cracking of the skin.
3. Say No to Nicotine
Smoking will ruin your skin. Nicotine, formaldehyde, and other harsh chemicals in cigarettes can irritate and damage your skin. It can also reduce the amount of oxygen that can reach your skin, making it look dull and grey.
The repeated action of puckering the lips while smoking, combined with the toxic chemicals in cigarette smoke, can accelerate the aging process of the skin and contribute to the formation of fine lines and wrinkles around the mouth area.
4. Sleep Properly
During sleep, your body goes into restoration mode, in which it repairs and reg damaged cells, including the skin. Adequate sleep reduces inflammation, improves skin barrier function, and decreases dark circles around the eyes and puffiness, which is often caused by poor circulation and fluid retention.
5. Find Inner Peace
Meditation helps reduce cortisol levels, which is directly related to stress. It’s beneficial for mental health, as it can help to improve mood and reduce stress levels. Plus, meditation can increase blood flow throughout the body, helping to nourish the skin with oxygen-rich blood. This can give you a brighter complexion and an overall healthier look.
We are here to guide you on your skincare journey!
Maintaining healthy, beautiful skin is an art, and we at SpaMedica know this all too well. Our team of expert aesthetic consultants can guide you through choosing a facial treatment that reflects your goals, whether it’s a SilkPeel facial treatment to relax and rejuvenate, or an OxyGeneo facial to deeply cleanse and exfoliate the skin- we are here to help!