SpaMedica has been serving cellulite patients in our Toronto clinic since 1997. SpaMedica is Canada’s oldest, most recognized and reputable Laser Skin Care and Cosmetic Dermatology center. SpaMedica leads the industry with the best technology and superior training for all medical and support staff.
The first step in reducing your cellulite is a consultation so the doctor can evaluate it and explain exactly what it is and how the treatment works.
Patients can secure a consultation with Dr. Mulholland or the SpaMedica team by filling out the online consultation request form or call SpaMedica now at 877-695-2835 to schedule a cellulite reduction consultation and treatment today.
Before & After
Cellulite Reduction in Toronto (Canada)
What is Cellulite?
Skin that is dimpled and often called “cottage cheese” or “orange peel” in appearance is cellulite, which is actually a disease and there is no cure. However, there are ways to reduce the appearance.
Use of a direct energy laser device is applied directly to the skin, significantly reducing the appearance of cellulite by breaking it down with heat. The severity of a patient’s cellulite will greatly impact the treatment and how aggressive it needs to be to achieve significant results.
What Causes Cellulite?
It occurs when the fat herniates through the connective tissue producing nodules or lumpiness to the appearance of the skin. The causes are thought to be hereditary, genetic, diet and lifestyle – however it is not completely known why some people get it and others don’t.
Typically women experience cellulite more than men and lighter pigmented skins more than darker. It can worsen with age and can be visible at any weight.
After Successful Treatment, How Long Will It Last?
Cellfina, SpaMedica’s premier cellulite treatment system offers long lasting results – with patient satisfaction at 3 years being 93%. SpaMedica also offers monthly maintenance treatments, if the doctor determines this is your best course of action. SpaMedica offers custom solutions based on your specific situation and goals – the best way to get your answers is to consult with the SpaMedica team and discover the details of your custom cellulite reduction plan.
- Cellulite impacts about 90% of women at some point in their life.
- It is a myth that toxins in your body are the cause.
- A decrease in estrogen as women age seems to be the cause of worsening cellulite over time.
- Cellulite is genetic and you are more likely to get it if your mom had it.
- If you do exercise to decrease the appearance, strength training is important, as it helps tone and tighten. Cardio alone won’t do it.
- There is almost no evidence that creams or scrubs with caffeine, ginger, and green or black tea help long term. Your only solution for true reduction is seeing a doctor that is experienced in reduction treatments.
- Liposuction is not a solution (it may be part of an entire treatment plan, but lipo on its own will not treat cellulite successfully).
- Diet alone won’t help reduce it but eating healthy foods, especially foods with a high water content will help you lose weight and look and feel healthier, it will also keep your connective tissue strong and supple.
- Clothing does not help nor worsen your condition. Tight clothing for activity may help keep the “jiggle” in place but once you remove the clothing, the benefit is gone.
- Smoking will worsen the appearance of cellulite.
Cellulite Reduction System
The foundation of our cellulite treatment is Cellfina. A revolutionary, long lasting cellulite reduction system performed at SpaMedica, Toronto.
SpaMedica offers all of the leading edge cellulite reduction technologies and we can create, coordinate and implement a program that is perfect for your particular body and goals.
Before your cellulite reduction, the following is advised for meeting the surgeon or doctor.
- Drink an adequate amount of water before the session to amplify the effects of the procedure
- Remove dead skin cells by performing gentle skin exfoliation
- Eat small meals only 3 hours before your appointment
- Avoid vitamins, supplements, aspirin, and ibuprofen before the procedure
- Avoid wearing perfume
- Shave the area that is to be treated, do not wax the area 4 days before treatment
- Wear comfortable clothing that can be easily removed, if necessary
After Care and Maintenance
Patients can return to activities of daily living, to high-impact aerobic activity and may wear any clothing. Your SpaMedica cellulite reduction treatment program will also be complemented with a recommendation for home-based medical grade body slimming and cellulite reduction skin care which will help support and enhance your cellulite treatment results at home.
None of the applicators used in the SpaMedica cellulite treatment have any significant downtime or risk. Modest swelling or redness can sometimes occur and in individuals on aspirin, some bruising might also occur after the treatment, but this is unusual.
Outcomes and Benefits
Our cellulite reduction treatment is ideal for those that want to remove cellulite on their outer thighs, posterior, abdomen, and arms, without the pain, risk, or recovery time of a surgical procedure. Cellulite reduction can also be used following liposuction to speed up the results of the procedure.
Individuals that want to achieve an even better result may one day apply a significant proportion of their nonsurgical reduction of cellulite fees against a minimally-invasive CelluLaze™ or CelluTite™ surgical procedure that has been developed by Dr. Mulholland.