What is a Dermal Filler?
Dermal fillers are an injectable cosmetic treatment used to turn back the beauty clock. In fact, the treatment is one of the quickest and easiest ways to achieve facial rejuvenation.
The non-invasive procedure injects the soft tissue under the reduce wrinkles, plump lips, shape facial structure, soften scars, and improve the appearance of sagging skin. Better yet, these results can be seen after a single treatment and can last for many months.
If you want to rejuvenate your skin without undergoing surgery, a dermal filler is a sure option. The variety of uses matched with the safe and affordable treatment cost has made dermal fillers a popular choice for those looking to restore their skin’s youthful vitality.
How to Choose the Best Dermal Filler
If you are considering a dermal filler treatment, there are many different options to choose from. Each dermal filler has its own selection of benefits that can best match your unique needs – keep in mind what works for a friend may not be the best option for you.
Given the wide variety of filler options available, it can be tough to know which is best for your needs. Longevity, frequency of treatment, skin type, target facial area, and budget should are all factors you will discuss with your SpaMedica injection provider.
Your SpaMedica Consultant our skilled and experienced injection professionals will review the differences between Juvederm, Sculptra, Revanesse, and Restylane and which product may work best for you. With 25 years of offering “best in class” fillers with injection nurses and Plastic Surgeons surgeons available otter your dermal filler, SpaMedica is your natural choice for soft tissue filler safety and excellence.
Juvederm is one of the most popular dermal fillers. The filler is composed of hyaluronic acid – a natural sugar found in the body that gives skin moisture, volume, and elasticity. The filler shapes the face, softens lines, wrinkles, and folds, as well as add volume lost due to aging.
Results typically last six months to a year, at which point patients are advised to return to SpaMedica in Toronto for maintenance injections. Animated areas like the lips tend to require re-injection sooner.
• Known for more smooth and natural-looking results.
• Results are noticeable immediately following treatment.
• Most patients only require a single procedure.
• Not meant for use in areas with thicker skin.
• The cost of treatment can be slightly higher
What is Juvederm Best Used For?
Juvederm is a family of dermal fillers, each designed to correct different cosmetic concerns.
For example, Juvederm Ultra XC is indicated for lip plumping, while Juvederm Voluma is used to add youthful contours to the cheeks.
Common areas treated include the “marionette lines” around the mouth and chin, smile lines, nasolabial folds, deflated cheeks, and direct lip injections can be administered for added plumpness.
Sculptra is a soft tissue filler used to create a more youthful appearance by replacing lost collagen to smooth out facial wrinkles, folds, and furrows that develop around your cheeks, mouth, lips, and neck. Unlike other fillers, Sculptra stimulates the skin to produce collagen on its own.
A series of treatments are recommended, and, after three months, you will begin to see increased volume and improvement in wrinkles. Maintenance treatments are typically required every 1-3 years.
• Unlike soft tissue hyaluronic sugar gels, Sculptra stimulates your own collagen growth response!
• Sculptra is biocompatible, so no allergy pretesting is necessary.
• It lasts longer than Juvederm but still has the advantage of being impermanent.
• Sculptra usually requires a second or third injection a few months after the initial treatment to achieve the desired collagen stimulation results.
• Results take 4 to 8 weeks to become visible as it takes time for collagen to be synthesized.
• Typical mild side effects associated with fillers (swelling, bruising) may occur weeks post-procedure.
What is Sculptra Best Used For?
Sculptra is used to diminish facial wrinkles and folds and has been clinically approved to treat smile lines and other wrinkles around the nose and mouth as well as chin wrinkles.
The dermal filler isn’t recommended for the eye area or the lips.
Restylane fillers are very similar to Juvederm, as they are also composed of hyaluronic acid. However, they are thicker in consistency and intended to treat deeper wrinkles.
Restylane has a family of products designed to treat various problem areas. Restylane smoothes away wrinkles and folds; Restylane Lyft, a thicker gel, corrects severe wrinkles and folds and volume loss; and Restylane Silk enhances the lips.
• Add volume and fullness to the skin to correct moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds.
• A family of products to treat different areas.
• Results are noticeable immediately following treatment.
• Some swelling, redness, pain, bruising, or tenderness is felt after the procedure.
• Results last for around six months, less than that of Juvederm (up to 12 months).
What is Restylane Best Used For?
Restylane can treat anything from moderate to severe wrinkles and folds.
For deeper folds – perhaps the nasolabial folds – Restylane Lyft and Perlane are thicker sugar gels that can improve results. Restylane Silk is the filler of choice for enhancing the lip outline, adding volume, and filling in the lines around the mouth.
Restylane, the namesake product, is perfect for injections under the eyes, mild facial wrinkles, and lip enhancement as there is often less swelling than other products.
Revanesse – like Juvederm and Restylane – is a dermal filler made of hyaluronic acid. The difference is in Revanesse’s uniform, spherical particles that are smaller than competitors’, leaving a more natural result with less swelling,
Revanesse is the only dermal filler manufactured in North America and right here in Toronto! In the USA and around the world. Revanesse is FDA cleared and is very popular and is sold Again, there are several different Revanesse filler products available to treat different areas,iversa for lines and folds, Contour for shaping cheeks and facial shaping and Kiss for lips.
• The results are apparent immediately.
• Lower rate of swelling compared to other dermal fillers.
• The results may last longer than those of other hyaluronic acid fillers.
• Temporary results. Follow-up treatments will be needed every year to maintain results.
• Revanesse is a less accessible filler than Juvederm and Restylane. SpaMedica is proud to be one of the few practices offering the dermal filler.
What is Revanesse Best Used For?
Revanesse products can lift facial volume, soften lines and wrinkles, and refine facial features.
Revanesse Ultra is designed to treat deeper wrinkles and folds, and Revanesse Kiss is a lip filler that produces fuller lips, natural in feel and appearance.
Deciding which dermal filler to choose can be difficult, especially with so many options available. Get in touch with the experts at SpaMedica today, our skills and experience can direct you towards the right choice for the results you desire. Contact our Toronto centre today to schedule a consultation!